Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Access Spokane Public Library Materials
All CCS Students, Staff, and Faculty now have FULL ACCESS to the Spokane Public Library.
Download free materials in a variety of formats including:
RBDigital Audiobooks, and more!
How to Get Your Spokane Public Library Card
Go to SpokaneLibrary.org/login
Click the CCS Logo under "Sign in using your partner account here"
Login with your CCS | SCC | SFCC | Bigfoot email and password. (ex: JaneD1234@bigfoot.spokane.edu, password: student ID #)
First Time Users need to set up Spokane Public Library account. Fill out the user form and create a PIN.
Your library card number will be automatically generated. Don't forget to write it down! Use your card number to check out materials and access SPL's digital resources.
If you have problems setting up your new Spokane Public Library card, please call the Spokane Public Library IT Department at 509-444-5449 for assistance.
FAQ: Creating a SPL Card
Information detailing how to create an SPL card as student/staff/faculty of SFCC. (Accessible PDF)
Library Workshop Presentation: Spokane Public Library
Video: How to Access Videos Through Kanopy
About Kanopy Streaming Video
"Kanopy streams media from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku.
Public Screenings: Many films from Kanopy come with Public Performance Rights (PPR). Viewing films in a group forum is permitted as long as the viewing is by authorized viewers and it is not for commercial benefit (i.e. no admission costs are charged and no profit is made from the screening)." - Spokane Public Library (SPL)
- Create a Spokane Public Library Card by following the instructions on this web page, under the box, "How to Access Spokane Public Library Materials."
- Once you've create a SPL card number you have to register for a separate Kanopy account at their website.
- You will need the SPL card number you just created and your personal email address.
- Once you've created a SPL card number and Kanopy account you can access streaming videos in Kanopy through their app or website.
Important Things to Know About Kanopy
- YOU ARE LIMITED TO BORROWING 8 TOTAL TITLES (CREDITS) PER MONTH, CREDITS RENEW THE 1ST OF THE MONTH. *Kanopy Kids and Great Courses videos do not use credits.
- Films can be viewed for 72 hours.
- If you watch 5 seconds or more of a film it will count towards your total of 8 titles per month.
- Videos cannot be downloaded at this time.
- You can create clips and organize them in a playlist.
- Full accessibility: Kanopy meets all accessibility standards-all films have captions and transcripts and are compatible with and visual impairment technologies.
Extra Helpful Tidbits