Mass Media Guide
Locating eBooks and browsing book topics on this page. Other listings are below.
Check the following subjects in the online Book & Video catalog for indepth information on issues involving mass media:
Freedom of the Press (343)
Journalistic ethics (174.9)
Mass Media--Political Aspects (302.23)
Mass Media --Psychological aspects
Privacy, Right of (323.44)
Television Broadcasting of the News (791.45)
Television and Children (302.2345)
The librarians can assist you in obtaining these books or other titles. Contact the Reference Desk 509-533-3834 or ASK US 24/7 on this page.
Overviews of issues not current cases.
These are books that are always available in print in the library for general, historic and background information.
- History of the Mass Media in the United States (R302.23 History)
- Articles explain the legal, economic, political and technical developments that have shaped American media from 1690 to 1990. Bibliography included.
- Censorship (R363.31 Censors) 3 volumes
- Includes almost 1000 articles on censorship in broadcasting, publishing, film and music. Also information on the laws and people involved in censorship issues.
- The Media in America (R 302.2308 Hollis)
- Short articles on important events in the history of the mass media.
- Women and American Television: An Encyclopedia (R791.45 Women)
- Female celebrities, shows featuring women and important events that affected women in television in America.
- Mass Media and the Constitution: An Encylopedia of Supreme Court Decisions (R343.43099 H642)
- A summary of Supreme Court decisions to 1987.