Books & eBooks on Mass Media Topics
Sample titles of a few books that are available on mass media issues.
Media and politics or government regulation
Media and crisis journalism.
Islam in Mass Media
Use Body image AND mass media
video games AND violence OR aggression
Social media AND politic*
Hate speech AND freedom of speech
Regulation and the Music Industry
There is no clear heading for music industry consolidation. Some keywords are music internet monopoly
Mass media AND political
Check the following subjects in the online Book & Video catalog for indepth information on issues involving mass media:
Freedom of the Press (343)
Journalistic ethics (174.9)
Mass Media--Political Aspects (302.23)
Mass Media --Psychological aspects
Privacy, Right of (323.44)
Television Broadcasting of the News (791.45)
Television and Children (302.2345)
The librarians can assist you in obtaining these books or other titles. Contact the Reference Desk 509-533-3834 or ASK US 24/7 on this page.
These are books that are always available in print in the library for general, historic and background information.
- History of the Mass Media in the United States (R302.23 History)
- Articles explain the legal, economic, political and technical developments that have shaped American media from 1690 to 1990. Bibliography included.
- Censorship (R363.31 Censors) 3 volumes
- Includes almost 1000 articles on censorship in broadcasting, publishing, film and music. Also information on the laws and people involved in censorship issues.
- The Media in America (R 302.2308 Hollis)
- Short articles on important events in the history of the mass media.
- Women and American Television: An Encyclopedia (R791.45 Women)
- Female celebrities, shows featuring women and important events that affected women in television in America.
- Mass Media and the Constitution: An Encylopedia of Supreme Court Decisions (R343.43099 H642)
- A summary of Supreme Court decisions to 1987.